Communication and working in partnership with parents
We encourage parents and carers to be involved with their child’s education and will offer ideas and suggestions of how you can support your child at home. Working in partnership with you will enable us to achieve the best outcomes for your child.
The following reporting communications are used:
- Annual review meetings- opportunity to review your child’s statement / Education health care Plan
- Transitional Planning meeting at the age of 14+ years.
- Open days – for parents/carers to observe their child working and meet with the teacher and support staff.
- End of year report – parents evening
- Individual and Interim Review meetings when necessary, or when your child has been placed at Tuke School for an assessment period.
- Parental requests for meetings.
- Visits to school at any time – we operate an open door policy
- Parents mornings and workshops
- Annual medical examination by the School Doctor
- Telephone contact or notes in the home/school diary.
- A copy of your child timetabled lessons and therapy
- A copy of your child’s Individual Education Plan
Planning meetings at the age of 18 and 19 years and the transfer of records to adult health and prepare for further education and training. All leavers take with them a portfolio , The Progress File , which outlines their achievements and abilities to date.
The school website and FRONTER offer more information. If your child attends Tuke you can request your FRONTER password.